Monday, January 2, 2012

Musings at Year's End

End of one year and beginning of the next. This is a good time for reflection based on an arbitrary chronological milestone.


It’s a cliché, but I’d really like to do something different in 2012. There have been changes in my family. Last Friday my daughter and her husband moved to Seattle to start a career in an exciting new place. Today my son left for the Netherlands to embark on a similarly thrilling mission. The changes are happening all around. It’s exciting to watch my children. I remember when that was me. All of the possibilities! Life ahead of me to create anything.

Life is still in front of me. It may not be as much time as I had all those years ago and I’m carrying a few extra pounds and a less hair, but it’s still there for the taking. It's time to reach out and take it by the horns. Not like in the Breakfast Club where you mess with it and get the horns. More like a steer wrestler who twists it around and takes it down. Although, I hope not to get dirty and smell like horse when I’m done.

I’ve got it in my head to make some changes physically, mentally, emotionally and behaviorally. Part of it is that I want to write in this blog a couple times a week. Now, I know I said that last year (if you remember, you stand alone). But, I need more creativity in my life. This is a goofy little outlet for that. Besides, I’m not particularly talented, I just talk too much. So, here's to a new year, changes and the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment